WAKESURFING IS FOR EVERYONE. BUT SAFETY FIRST!
When wakesurfing, make sure you do this safely. This means do not use a boat with an outboard engine or stern drive/in-out drive engine. If you try and surf behind these types of boats, you may fall onto the propeller and suffer serious injury or death. Further, such boats produce high levels of carbon monoxide which can also lead to fatal injury or death. Only wakesurf behind specially designed wakesurfing boats with the propeller safely away from the surfer. At wakesurfection, our boat is designed specifically for wakesurfing with low emissions in accordance with Californian standards and our propeller is safely away from the rider.
HOW DO I GET UP ON THE WAKESURF?
I always get asked if your feet aren't strapped into a board, how do you get up? Watch this video to find out how.
Using your iphone and can't watch the movie? Then just read these easy steps:
1. Start off in the water like you would when you wakeboard. The difference here is that your feet aren't strapped into your board. That means you need to use your feet to hold the board steady. All you need to do is bend your knees slightly and extend your feet so that as much as your feet is flat on the board as possible. Your toes should be pointing slightly horizontally. Don't forget that you are using your feet to hold the board steady, not your hands. Both hands should be holding the rope.
2. I will then give you a bit of tension so that the rope will be taught. At this point in time, you can transfer your body weight to your heels and your toesshould now been pointing vertically. This will flip the board up and it will now stick to your feet like glue.
3. I will then accelerate the boat. At this point in time, let the boat pull you up via the handle. Do not pull the handle but instead let it pull you up.
4. Stay crouched for a while. Do not get up to early. You should wait at least 5 seconds before standing upright. In this picture, you can see I'm down really low.
5. Hold onto the handle and start using your body weight to catch the wave. You should use your front foot as the accelerator and accelerate fast enough so that you are riding the wave. Don't forget to stop accelerating as you approach the boat. You'll notice the rope is quite tight here as I'm using this to keep me steady until I ride the wake. You need to put some weight on your back foot as you get close to the boat to avoid crashing into the back of the boat.
6. Once your rope is slack, as per the picture below, you know you are surfing.
HOW TO SURF ON YOUR BOARD
OK now that you are up on your wakesurf, how do you let go of the handle and surf? Well watch this video for the steps that let you surf
好了，你現在正在衝浪，你如何放開手柄而自由滑水? 以下短片會教你從開始到自由滑水的步驟。你現在知道衝浪的基礎知識了, 請儘快跟我們聯絡來試試吧! 。